Monday, July 21, 2008

Of The Emperor

The emperor asked, "Do you know who am I?"
The robed persson replied, "No, I don't know you."
"I am Emperor Alexander the Great," said the emperor.
The robed person said, "All right, what about it?"
"I possess all the land from Macedonia to India." said the emperor.
"So?" the robed person replied.
"I am the lord of nine great rivers in the land from Macedonia to India, and all the fields, orchards and houses on this vast area of land belong to me."
The robed person said, "Emperor, may I ask a question or two?"
The emperor replied, "Yes. Go on."
"Emperor, do you get hungry sometimes?" the robed person asked gently.
The emperor answered, "Yes." "When you are hungry, do you eat all the produce of the fields, orchards, and lands you own?" he questioned.
"No, I eat only a little food." the emperor replied.
"Emperor, do you feel thirsty sometimes?" the robed person continued.
"Certainly." the emperor replied.
"Do you drink the water in all the rivers you own when you are thirsty?" the robed person prodded.
"No, I only drink a little to quench my thirst."
"Do you feel sleepy at times?"
The emperor answered, "Yes, of course."
"when you are sleepy, do you sleep on all the lands from Macedonia to India?" the robed person queried.
The emperor replied, "No, of course not."
"Emperor, then what on earth is the meaning of all the material gains you have acquired?" the robed one finally asked.



Find your meaning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home