Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Of Curtin Results

On my last leg of studies, i shall attempt to explain Curtin's scoring system.

For my degree, the highest attainable grade is a High Distinction, the scoring is as follows:

High Distinction 80 onwards
Distinction 70-79
Credit 60-69
Pass 50-59

I have a total of 12 modules to complete after exemption, i have thus far cleared a total of 10 modules, inclusive of Marketing Professional Practice 300 which was the Curtin Study Trip.

Of the 9 modules completed previously, i have managed to hit 8 Distinctions and 1 Credit, i have was close to a High Distinction twice, scoring 78 marks for both Consumer Behaviour and Advertising Strategy.

For those who complete the degree with an aggregate of 75marks, a Degree with Distinction/Merit will be awarded, i am some 2 marks away from that 75 mark now but that means i would need to outscore 75 for my remaining 2 modules..

Self-doubt is the start of failure.. but i am just being realistic about my chances.. 

On another note, i had hoped to obtain at least 1 High Distinction through my course of study for my Bachelor of Commerce with double majors in Advertising and Marketing.

I just did that.

An 80 for my Curtin Study Trip marks my first and probably only High Distinction. 




From undergraduate to Graduate

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home