Thursday, August 21, 2008

Of New Signing

Oh my freaking gOsh. Rumours from the news agencies yesterday are certified.

We have signed Manure's ex-Defender, frenchman Mikael Silvestre for an undisclosed fee (earlier reported to be 750,000 pounds)


Alright, we are short on experience and the 31-year-old has premier league and champions league experience. Add 40 caps for France into the CV and he looks like a great signing because he speaks french like Wenger, and gallas, and diaby, and nasri, and clichy. Plenty to talk about there.

Now what's with Wenger collection of old centrebacks from rival clubs? Gallas came from Chelsea last season and Silvestre from Man Utd. Any french defender from Liverfool? Oh wait, liverfool aren't even considered title rivals, haha...

Silvestre, now a Gunner has this to say:
'I've spent a large part of my career at United, the last nine years, and I'll remember that time fondly but feel I'm ready for a new challenge, Arsenal is known for playing technical and skilful football, and has a young but experienced squad. I'm really excited about this next stage of my career, hopefully playing my part in helping the club to new successes.'

He wears the number 18









His signing will also bring in question the future of the likes of Senderos and Djouro.

Wenger talked about one more body in midfield but spent his time hijacking Silvestre from Man City.




Let's wait for the midfielder now.


What a morning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home