Saturday, October 27, 2007

Of Banglah

Was traveling home with my wife on the bus tonight when we saw some workers still working on some pipes and cables, it was past 8pm and these workers were still working

these were either India nationals or Bangladeshis, working hard in Singapore to earn their keep and send money back home..

come to think of it, what would Singapore without the contribute of these people?

I'm not being racist, but i too have my doubts when these workers get on the buses, and i have a few occasions where i really hate having one of them sit beside me and i guess you know why

but back to my point, my flat in punggol would most probably be unable to carry on without these workers, there would also be no KPE, opened this week, no Integrated Resorts, no Singapore flyer, no floating platform..

Through the tune of a popular NDP song:

They build a nation, with their hands
the toil of people, from Bangladesh
Strangers when they first began
Now they building all they can


They building for Singapore
Day and night, more and more!








Some people just don't get the credit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home