Sunday, October 07, 2007

Of Rough Times

Work, School, Wedding Preparations.. just how much can one person handle in 24hours a day? I have a short of time and i'm suffering from the ill effects..

I was almost non-existent for the past week, for days, i was slogging and putting in extra hours daily for the 4 Oct Golf event for my company. On the actual day, i woke at 5.30am and reached the venue at 7.10am. Thereafter, i slogged the day away, had a late lunch, dealt with last minute requests and scrambled around to make things go on as they were supposed to.. still there were hiccups here and there..

I missed classes because of the event and it was heartening and that manager that i report to for this event gave me the day off.. what sucked was that another manager was expecting me to be back in office on friday and queried about my absence, i will know the full requirements when i get -back to office tomorrow, not forgetting the clearing up for 4 Oct's event and follow-up emailers to the guest..

perhaps life in the private sector is indeed tougher, or i'm just plain unlucky to end up in a not-here-not-there kind of company where i can report to multiple people yet have no direct supervisor that can decide what i can and cannot do, there's no one to priorities tasks and people just can' seem to stuck the life out of me..

Still, i remain true to my belief that i will do what is necessary and to the best of my ability, i have given it all to make my work as decent as possible and to meet the mark

to say i'm happy at the current job is not entirely correct but its not wrong either, what is happiness i ask? i have no idea, do you?






Work, work, i feel like a grunt from the Orc Clan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home