Friday, February 02, 2007

Of One plus One

Getting myself involved with event planning and management once more.. sure, i'm just a technical IT man.. why get involved? but guess its just me to point out a gap and try to fill it.. nothing is foolproof, but cover as many holes as you can.. why not?

It made me wonder, why was i so disappointed and irritated at the early Jan's event and yet so willing to make my brain tick and work my pants off for the feb's event? the scale or VIP invited certainly did not matter.. it was the organising party that affected me

Once more, i felt that i had something strong to contribute, i have valid points to make and best of all, i was able to lead and get people to identify solutions together.. it was a joy to plan and cover the gaps.. all the hardwork and talking did not seem to tired me, it was indeed a pleasure working with people who appreciate your assistance is sincerely open to ideas, comments and suggestions..

it was just recently that i was more determine to finally take steps to make the change.. why did this event and group of people have to come and make "pull-factors" to make me want to stay in this shithole?

Oh well, maybe an sms during the badminton session sums things up..

meeting on mon

i can't, its the dry-run, i'm out for tues too since its the actual event, Wednesday sounds good, but the morning "business meeting might just need some last-min help, it always happens anyway, thur is ok, except i'll be gone for reservist from 2pm.. fri left

"do it thur n fri, no more delay"

it just hit me.. perhaps there was no menace meant, it was after all part of the job, another part which i didn't like, but tried my best to do anyway.. sometimes trying just don't seem good enough

"i can talk to (your big boss) or (your direct boss) if need be"

ah.. so my primary job is taking a back seat now because because my big boss' boss is probably unhappy..

what a bad burden to carry into the weekend, decided not to get my direct boss' help to carry it, so lets see how things work out on monday...






A shitty monday, a great friday, except for this last bit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home