Friday, December 29, 2006

The thing about path finding


It is common for people who are of marriage age to be troubled by affairs of the heart. From a guy’s perspective, the moments after their NS would be first step into adulthood and of course, reservist duties..

And so, for many who have secured their place in universities, polytechnics or ITE, education is the next step after NS

With better qualification, a man can then enter the workforce to contribute to the economy and more importantly, to earn his own keep.. this would include being able to buy housing, a car or motorbike, credit cards and so forth..

To many, only when the following are achieved would they seek the next level of life: Marriage, reasons include the male mentality that he has to provide for his family and thus before that, himself, so study as much, get a good job, be able to provide for oneself and eventually get married and start a family

For me however, I have taken a different path.. indeed, what I have mentioned in the previous paragraphs are about that, a general flow and allows for many deviations, many work and study at the same time to upgrade themselves while keeping alive, others studies for so long they have yet to taste of work even when they are in their late 20s, selected few, like scholars, would already have completed their studies before their full NS liability, and upon ORD, a steady and high paying job awaits them.. to quote a friend:
Scholars are clever until proven stupid

My path, at least by what I have planned now, would involve a full time job with part time studies coming in for at least 2 years, thereafter, a better paying job, a different environment and hopefully much better conditions to start having children

Meanwhile, the path I have chosen might be different, but at least, when I strive to achieve qualifications and in turn a better job, I have someone who is by my side and my achievements are therefore not mine alone, but a result of sharing and understanding, that I believe, is a much more meaningful way of living life





Have you chosen your path?

1 Comments:

Blogger SoPPy~! said...

Dear Den Ho,

"to quote a friend:
Scholars are clever until proven stupid"

Somehow I believe scholars are stupid until proven they thrive. I know I'm looking at a very glass half empty perspective but think of it.

What is life after a piece of paper?

It does not teach you how to maintain your marriage or keep your job. Divorce and job satisfaction a huge thing nowadays.

:)

Food for thought.

*Hugs*

Soapy

5:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home