Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Of Ox, Bull and Cow

I'm starting work on the 4th day of the Ox year, incidently, i have 4 days left with my current company starting tomorrow.. Come 3rd Feb, i'll be officially done with my current job for my 1 year contract as a Project Coordinator

It is indeed a bad time to be jobless, well still within the "15 days of Chinese New Year" being without a job might not be such a good thing.. however, i'm somewhat lucky that i have one and a half job offers that has come my way..

Option 1 involves joining the "client" that i have served while in my current job. While the job scope would be relevant to my degree and has somewhat room for expansion and development, the massive job scope, workload as well as long hours meant that things will not be easy. On top of that, the offer did not meet my expectations.. to me, its quite certain that if i'm doing so much more, then all the more i should be paid in relation to my job scope, load and hours.. oh well..

Option 2, which is half a deal, will see me in a supervisory role, with some aspects of a Management Trainee thrown in. It is an industry that few will expect me to be interested in, likewise there is still some stigma as to the image of the job holders under the company flag.. though i haven't had anything official from this company, the basic salary + allowance paints a slighter better picture than Option 1. The major minus being that what i do in this company will have little to do with what i am doing now and what i have studied...

To be honest, i feel that i should be able to perform in both jobs, the issue here is, to what extend would i need to push myself in the job and what sort of returns can i expect for my effort? Would the hard work in Option 1 give me sufficient returns? Would taking up Option 2 mean that i'm stuck in a niche industry that would cut short my options in future?

Questions, questions and more questions... its like choosing between an Ox, a Bull and a Cow.

There are plenty of considerations regarding the job as well as what to expect in terms of my private life in 2009, time is running out, i need to sort this out soon!

Quote for the day:
Don't miss the donut by looking through the hole

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home