Friday, January 09, 2009

Of The number 625

I'm hitting 26 this year. I started working in 2005 and this is technically my 4th year in the workforce. I shuddered to think that i could be working till i'm 62 and i sigh when i hear of our Prime Minister's plan to "encourage" older workers to work another 3 more years, till 65! At a lower pay!

62 minus 26, what irony, i have 36 more years in the workforce? Wow

Imagine my CPF when i'm 65 and finally retired, would i have the savings that can match a minister's one month salary? Would i be able to go for a 15k culinary course with my family? Would i feel rich when i look at my CPF?

Imagine the things i can do when i retire, i can travel the world, visit the football stadiums in the UK and Europe, i can visit my ancestoral home back in China(well, i might or might not), i can revisit Curtin University in Perth with my wife, i can buy my dream mini-cooper, i can finally fly in a helicopter, dive under the sea, dive from the sky from an aeroplane, learn to fly a plane, drive my kids to work!

but wait.. i'll be 65

what a bummer

as Chow Yun Fatt said in Pirates of the Carribean 3: "welcome to Singapore", i wonder if there's any link there..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home