Sunday, January 04, 2009

Of Football Match

I played a match today, half a match actually, as a left-back.. somehow it seems that i have not really decided on a fixed position on the field yet.. i operated as a defensive midfielder for my squad team the "Wild Parrots" and also occasionally as left-back, right-back or centre-back.. i was also pushed into the wingers on one occasion..

i was fit then

i was fit then

i'm nowhere near fit now. its apparent that i didn't run as hard as a left-back should today, my heading was poor, my marking was loose and the tackles that i made hardly connected while the clearances were more like fly-swatting as opposed to the blast off that they should have been..

i short, i had a poor game

the team won 2-1

i had a poor game, we won 2-1.. oh well

i know i have to improve my fitness but i'm lazy, the next match is on sat, on a smaller artificial pitch, hope i turn in a better performance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home