Friday, March 07, 2008

Of Raeburn Park

I did something rather awful today, I decided to be nasty and send in one of those long emails that could potentially piss someone’s day off.. my wife advised against it, but I had already completed my “masterpiece” and didn’t want to let it go to waste. The dark side I sense in me..

As it goes, my part time degree institute, MIS, has decided to relocate the “campus” from Prinsep House to Raeburn Park.

Prinsep house is that NTUC income building that is along selegie road, just beside Hotel Rendezvous and SMU.

Raeburn Park sounds like a damn stylo name with links to some English Premier League stadium (think Ewood Park, Highbury type names). But Raeburn Park is actually the former(as in really old) Gan Eng Seng Secondary School. To get there, one has to take the train to Outram and walk very very far before you reach the campus, I reckon I would need a bus from the MRT.. not sure how much distance the bus will cover though. To strengthen its image as some outpost of Singapore, the school is actually located beside the railway. What railway you say? Now how many railways does Singapore actually has? I’m not talking about MRT or LRT here. It is simply railway, the ones where choo-choo trains travel.

Actually, my email’s focus was on the communications of the relocation. We were informed like 14days before the shift and I didn’t even get the email directly from MIS. So in my opinion, service quality and trust were seriously lacking, I mean you don’t wait for the relocation to be confirmed and in progress before you inform your students right? What’s more, you are shifting your school to a not-so-accessible part of the island. Gosh.

And so, for the remaining of 2008, I would spend extra money and time traveling to school and returning home at least 2 times a week, make that 3 times for the next 10weeks.




Raeburn Park, please give me something to cheer about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home