Monday, September 10, 2007

Of Survival

To quote a point from a movie i watched recently: "in adulthood, a job is something that you hold to keep your family going, people hate their jobs, people don't enjoy what they are doing, but they get on with it because they need to"

How true

Once again, it seems that i'm seeped into thoughts about what is right for me, or in fact, could there ever be something that is right for me?

Still in my second working year, i'm already into my second job, still, i do not find a sense of belonging, and i find little pleasure in my work. The culture is largely different and communication, very poor.. compared to certain places where you can face someone to talk directly about work-related problems with a view to solve issues, here, voices are easily drowned by people who "know better" simply because they have been here longer..

The movie, The Ex, which depicts this poor guy who is takes on a job for the better of his family and struggle to make an impact left a strong impression in me.. the guy is not useless or lazy, he too hopes to make a mark and be someone his family can be proud of and at the same time be happy and at east with himself at work.. yet, this is so very very difficult to achieve..

I should perhaps count my blessings and let the days pass and continue the long journey to complete my degree, but i'm no silent lamb, i cannot keep still, i cannot keep quiet
This is me, troubled and disturbed by my internal struggles and countless questioning thoughts that overcrowd my feeble mind

At least at it all, there is something to fight for, someone to live, and for that, i will survive *Song "I will survive" plays in the back of my klayhead as i return my focus back into my current work and look forward to better times ahead and that 6pm display on the bottom-right of the screen everyday







I will survive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home