Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Of Options

Its been awhile since i found inspiration to blog, work is draining when it is not satisfying, school work depends alot of who are are working with..

Recently, there's been lots of talk about this CPF retirement thingy and small article in the local news on choosing where to die.. related? I think so ah..

Have you ever thought about how you would die one day? Sickness, pain, accident, die-in-sleep. I'm sure many would prefer to die in their sleep, because its painless

However, as you were unaware that you are probably never going to wake up, dying in your sleep can be annoying, your things might not be settled, you might look ugly, or you could be wearing that less-than-white singlet and worn-out boxers on the night that you might never wake up again.. how bad

Do people actually choose where they die? Can they? Actually, there are many unanswered questions.. when do you die?

Can you decide?

For example, if i'm old(after 70) and sick and i can't eat 90% of the things i would like to eat, am i still alive? I'm a living-dead.. by then, i hope i can decide if i want to live or not.. can i choose to disengage?

Think about it, assuming that i'm very old, a little sick, but still sane enough to make decisions but not healthy enough to live my life respectfully, and i decide to end my life.. is that morbid?

If i can set a date for the decision, my children(if any) can then make a better effort to spend more time with me before my passing, my friends can meet me for the last time and i can say goodbye in my blog and depart respectfully, all these without have to work till the age of 75 and waiting for my CPF at age 85

Not bad right?

Guess this is extremely useful for spouse who lose their loved ones to old age








I know i'm morbid, but you got to have options right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home