Friday, April 27, 2007

Of Presentations

Been doing quite a few presentations in office.. its almost being routine.. so routine that i decided to plug the routine out almost everytime and just add in the most recent facts and information.. hey, at least i don't repeat 100% of what i said the last time right?

Had my first academic marketing presentation since 2004.. haha.. almost 3 years.. WoW..

the difference is, back then, i was presenting to real staff from Cathay Cineleisure and months before that, my team was wow-ing the management from Singapore Cable Car with our proposals and visuals...

perhaps what has developed strongly through the years had been my extensive experience with photoshop and not forgetting the advancement in skills that comes from a mixture of willingness to try, sheer luck and experience..


So how did my presentation went?

Well, to say the least, we spend like 2 weeks preparing compared to the 4months plus that we had when i was poly.. group dynamics are different.. client is not "real" this round..

my hastily formed group(trust me, you won't have the time to search and scout slowly) managed to squeeze out 59 slides with strong visuals provided by me.. i have always held pride in my visuals and i would say i didn't disappoint myself this round..

the only negatives for me would be that i did not focus on the other aspects of the plan such as the budget spending and strengthening that key message.. still, i'm grateful and proud of the effort that my groupmates have put in despite that personal commitments and daily workload

once again, i did put pressure on the group to bring the presentation up one level as i strongly encourage not to use cue-cards nor hold the notes in the hand.. i know its not easy to remember things and not everyone can just crap off based on the few lines of word they see on the slides.. i know its not easy..

but please, do give it a try and upgrade your level, the next time you are doing a standup presentation, remove those cue-cards, spend more time looking into the eyes of your audience.. it'll do you untold wonders









Trust me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home