Thursday, December 11, 2008

Of I'm done!

With the results finally released on 10 Dec.. while 9 Dec night to be precise, i have officially completed my Bachelor of Commerce with double majors in Marketing and Advertising!

I must say that i am more than happy with my results for this semester..  the Curtin Study Trip, where i fulfilled the module "Marketing Professional Practice" can be counted as part of this trimester as it was a special intensive module that was done in between 2 trimesters.. the trip saw me record my first High Distinction (80 marks onwards) and i just managed that high D at 80 for this module..

now with the results released, i have happily added another high distinction to my record, and this time round, there is no doubt that i fully deserve my grade for the amount of effort that i have put in to understand the module and plan my strategies correctly to achieve maximum results.. the outcome? well.. 35% out of 35% for the team simulation was perhaps the stepping stone to a good grade, still another 45% before the 80-mark.. and at the end of it, my grand total for the module, Business Capstone stood at 93.

93.. i haven't seen myself score anything like this since maybe primary school examinations and perhaps my economics mini-test in poly.. so for sure, i'm a happy man!

Up next, Strategic Marketing, a module that reminds me of International Business in Temasek Polytechnic.. yet another one of my favourite module, i didn't always like the overseas lecturer for his module.. It doesn't help that he is the Head of the School of Marketing in Curtin back in Bentley Campus in Perth.. the issue with this experienced old chap is that he treats all his students like full-time students.. which is.. good.. if you have the time to fulfil all his requirements.. weekly tutorials to be submitted, final exams that are weighted way too heavily at 50%, final exams that practically covered the entire textbook..

just a brief recap.. the last time i had to take a module under this gentleman.. the module was named Retail Management & Distribution.. that turned out to be my worst score in my curtin life.. a mere 62 for this module and hence my one-and-only-not-so-proud-to-have Credit in my transcript

so naturally, the fear of failure, well.. maybe more of just credit, did creep up on me while i was doing the paper.. but i did work harder to remember the concepts, pardon me, but i understood almost everything that i had to learn, i just had problem memorising certain points and listing those points down like i was a bio-photocopier

so i waited silently and bravely hoped for a Distinction for Strategic Marketing.. a score of 74 for this paper was worth the effort and i'm sure the team effort that was placed in making the report tip-top contributed greatly to the score, thanks mates, you know who you ladies are!

and so.. the grand old picture now.. i'm done!

there's something that perhaps not every student is aware of.. the following information is subjected to confirmation from the authorities, so pardon me if there are any misrepresentations.. for students who scored 75% for their overall aggregate (ie. sum of all scores divided by number of modules) gets a Bachelor with Distinction!

So my certificate is likely to read "Bachelor of Commerce with double majors in Marketing and Advertising with Distinction"

why likely? cause i have a credit among the rest.. 2 High Distinctions, 9 Distinctions and 1 Credit with a aggregate score of 75.17

i hope i do get it

So finally, it's over, a big congratulations to all who have completed their Bachelor as of 10 Dec, like me, rejoice and celebration and we shall cheer for each other once more during the convocation.. for those who continue to strive for another trimester(or two), take heed that the journey has been taken before and your time will come..

All the best!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lil' Miss J. said...

Congrats! u make me feel like taking up another degree and study really hard..

9:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks!

double degree rocks, if you have the financial cloud, do that!

11:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home