Friday, June 22, 2007

Of My virgin accident

21 June, thursday, around 2.00pm I was driving my "office car" along PIE..

traffic was moderately heavy.. and at the downslope along the PIE near Kallang Bahru exit.. the car in front of me was braking and it stopped suddenly.. i jammed braked immediately and managed to avoid hitting the car in front..
but just as i kept my feet on the brake pedal, the impact came from behind..

the worst had happened.. i had my first traffic accident.. or actually, my first traffic accident had me.. haiz..
fortunately, no one was seriously hurt.. another colleague who was in the rear seat had minor pain to her back.. luckily, it turned out to be nothing too serious.. a week MC is what she needs now to rest and recover..

accident-free no more.. although it was not exactly my fault.. to put it simply, i was hit on the back, so that driver was tail-gating.. and on top of that, what's a VAN doing on the 2nd lane of the PIE?

the greatest impact on me was perhaps the fact that someone got hurt from the accident.. though it is not entirely my fault.. she was a passenger on the car i was driving and thus i took it upon myself that her safety was compromised at some point in time..

from this incident, i have "broken my virginity on traffic accident".. surely i have no wish to ever be involved again in any other incidents..


i had driven today, just less than 24hours after the accident yesterday.. i even took the same route back and past my accident spot today.. maybe this is indeed the best way to overcome any post-traumatic stress disorder.. haha



























Glad i'm safe, live to drive another day.. keep this from my parents if you know them yeah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home