Friday, October 10, 2008

Of Final Show

The feeling is almost surreal. Tonight.

Tonight tonight.

Tonight, i finish my last ever show in MIS.

What show you say? 

Since my polytechnic days, i have always enjoyed doing presentations. Perhaps my experience in speaking to masses in a position of power in secondary school provided the backbone to my ability to speak at will in front of other people, i actually enjoy doing presentations that has more people, people that i don't know, people who have never met me...

Tonight, my presentation is for Business Capstone 301, in which readers of my blog would be familar with from previous postings. Our role in the presentation is to convince investors that we are the best company in the industry and it would make the best sense to invest in us.

4 of us are on show out of the original 6, one is in Japan for work while the other would be flying to Finland. I'm sorry to say this, but this sort of presentation would not require 6 presenters, more cooks spoil the soup and i like my soup to leave a good taste in my customers' mouth and wanting for more..

I'm sleeping this late and bloggin about this as i'm making extra effort to brew this soup, i do expect certain standards from myself and it is always easy to expect the same from others, the difficult is actually motivating others enough to take action. For the show later, i'll not be taking what i believe is the most important portion, someone has already volunteer for that. Thinking back, i could have seized that part if i wasn't sure it was someone i could trust presenting it

Having said that, i'm quite certain that the group should score a good 8-9 out of 10% for the group presentation, my standards are high and what we have produced deserve some recognition, but more importantly, our company has done very well in the stimulation and that has made our job easier.. but on the downside, people do tend to discount the top performer and sympathise the underdogs.

This is my last show

Hope i can be satisfied with myself when the curtains come closing down



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home