Monday, May 05, 2008

Of 200

Just realised this is my 200th post

How time has just driven past.. We are into May 2008 already

Just found a friend from the secondary school days on facebook, well, to be exact, he was a 4 years classmate in school and we went to the same polytechnic and spent many weekends over the 3 years playing street soccer together at a basketball court

we later confer the name of "Bigfoot" on the basketball court and made it our weekly training ground

at first, people were punctual and turn out was always good

as time went by.. people started coming in late and those who were punctual, such as me, grew sick and tired of waiting for over an hour for people to turn up

then as we approached the end of 3 years, fewer people turned up and the bond between this group of boys from the same secondary school paled..

perhaps, such is the sorrow of growing up that friends do drift apart and take their own paths

----

Back to my friend, he's happy now in Canberra, pursing studies in an area related to sports and playing and coaching for a football club.. such is he's talent that i'm happy for him that he has "made it" to be able to do something he likes and make some money out of it eventually.. now that's good

----

for me.. i would say that my journey has not even started properly yet.. a decision to delay my degree programme in 2006 result in me still being in the midst of my first degree now..

in terms of my career, it hasn't really started as i'm just absorbing all sorts of experience now having been through 3 jobs over 3 years..

perhaps, the journey really begins in 2009 and onwards

at least for now, i have found my other half and working towards making our life better and creating a place we can call our home




200 posts and counting.. 2009, come quick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home