Saturday, September 09, 2006

The thing about Leading

Its a challenge having to manage men older than you, some, more eperience, others, equally inadequate in knowledge and actual practice. Having to deal with people who are agitated are among the worse kind of job there can be, but having to do such a job once in a while is even more disturbing.

Somehow, people just have to be cool about it and get on with the duty. To quote the Head, "by virtue of section xx.. we have to.. " Haha..

And so, it has been a busy and tiring 3 days in my reservist duties. Having to lead and manage my team of 7 guys to cater to the demands expected of us. I do have a unique blend of experience and youth, but as long as the attitude remains correct, everything should go on smoothly.

One of the day, i overheard a Old Bird from another team giving some not-so-nice comment about someone. Quite sure he was refering to me. So be it. My men can and will judge me, but who is he to come to any conclusion when all we had interacted about was a list of names and a short conversation exchanging some information?

Some people are more judgemental than others, some, are just having a bad day... we are all back to serve our duty and count our days. May the days ahead be smooth sailing.

Team Delta, we are ready




Its not easy, to be me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home